Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis the Season already.

We bought and erected our new Christmas tree today. The kids are currently up past their bedtime rearranging the ornaments over and over and over and... Currently all the ornaments they can reach are on the same side of the tree, and that side is not the front.

We had a very quiet Thanksgiving, just the four of us, and have had leftovers coming out our ears! I froze the dark meat, still on the bone, and will be using it for soup when the mood strikes me. We've been using up the rest of the turkey slowly on hot turkey sandwiches for lunch. Of the three, I think Sidney has been the most fond of the Thanksgiving food, tho Kyra has put away her fair share of mashed potatoes and turkey.

Today was my birthday, but we didn't do anything special besides putting up the tree and running a few errands. Since I will be making cupcakes for Sidney's birthday in the next couple days, I decided I didn't need my own separate ones between those and pie (and my waistline will thank me). One of my most amusing 'gifts' has been the discovery of my first gray hair.

Next week we have something scheduled nearly every week day, so I might not get the chance to post more than pictures before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment