Monday, March 22, 2010

Zoo


We went to the zoo on Sunday, just to get out of the house. The kids were a little stir crazy after all the time at home last week. Gyven and Kyra always love the zoo, and this was Sidney's first time going when he was awake and alert and old enough to really see the animals, and he got a kick out of it! He made a point of pointing out every animal to me as though he were showing me the zoo for the first time, not the other way round!

I've started working out, I'm getting in a "30 Day Shred" workout once a day, and while I haven't lost more than 5 pounds, I am definitely feeling stronger (I went from being able to do 2 push ups to doing 12 at a time in just a week!). It's hard and when I can't squeeze it in during Sidney's nap I inevitably get interrupted mid-movement and have to pause the DVD. Not ideal, but better than nothing, right? I'm hoping that if I'm not through the whole 30 days before R&R that Patrick will play child wrangler for me and make those days easier. I definitely feel better after each day and I'm not dragging so much in those last 60 minutes before the kids go to bed, even if I'm not always able to get the full workout in uninterrupted.

Still no tooth for Gyven, it seems he finds wiggling the tooth to be too uncomfortable to be worth it, so I am waiting for just eating to loosen it enough for it to come out easily with a little tug. It's a shame he doesn't like apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment