Sunday, December 20, 2009

Elementary my dear Watson!

Who doesn't love a good nap?

One of the tiers on my fake tree would not light up and being as I am too lazy to pack it back up and return it, I've had a sad looking unlit spot on my tree. I fiddled for 20 or 30 minutes when I first noticed it and gave up, because I couldn't find any missing, broken or otherwise dysfunctional bulbs or wires.

Today Sidney walks up to the tree, jiggles a branch, and the tier of lights flickers! He pokes a couple of the bulbs on that branch, and one of the ones on the bottom produces the same response! So I go over there and that bulb's housing is cracked, causing a break in the circuit. I fiddled with it and managed to get the circuit to connect, so that bulb is still out, but the rest of the lights on the tier light up.

Genius baby. Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment